Sunday, September 20, 2009

Series past, present, and future.

At this time I do not have any large studio space, so my large abstract oil paintings have been put on hold for a few months.  Here is an example of that series that I am looking forward to continuing to explore after my move in several months.


Oil on Canvas
3'x5'
2009

Currently I am working on a number of ink drawings based on the repetition of tiny circles.  This circular theme has recently captivated me, and I find myself searching for patterns everywhere.  Bubbles around the rim of my coffee cup, moon craters, riverbeds, stomata.  Clouds I is most representative of my current series of which it is one variation.  As my photography skills improve, I hope to include some nice crisp photographs from that upcoming body of work.

Moon Craters (Unfinished)
Charcoal, Colored Pencil on Mulberry Paper
23"x 23"



Detail -Clouds 1
Ink on Paper
18" x 24"


No comments:

Post a Comment